We recently finished studying Proverbs in sixth-grade religion, and we learned that proverbs are wise sayings that can guide and govern our lives. As part of our study, students worked in groups to write proverbs for the life of a sixth grader. Here’s a sampling of their work, so you can check out their wise words!
- The harder you study the further you go.
- It is good to learn to keep learning and do not reject it.
- Be prepared for all that comes.
- A friend who is mean is going through hard times so treat them nicely.
- If someone falls, pick him up.
- Treat your friends nicely and they will treat you nice too.
- Repay hatred with kindness.
- When things don’t go right go left.
- When you lend a hand, you’re not lending your hand, you’re lending God’s hand.
- Any cause is good as long as it is noble.
- Do not keep from people that have nothing, do not take from people that have little.
- Think of others before you think of yourself.
- Don’t be dishonest or disobey your elders.
- You will have adversity so power through it and look to the Lord.